5 Ways to Grow Your Hair Whilst Wearing a Weave!
It's no secret that we love the versatility weaves provide! But it's essential to take care of your hair whilst having a sew-in! So we've put together '5 Ways to Grow Your Hair Whilst Wearing a Weave!'
1. Some TLC: Weaves are a great protective style that gives your hair a much-needed break from heat and chemicals. It’s the perfect opportunity for your hair to hibernate and grow. To get the best results, treat and trim your hair before weaving so that it is in the best condition and grows healthily.
2. Cherish your edges: Make sure your braids are not too tight. Your edges are so precious and delicate – no style is worth losing them. Don’t be afraid to say if it’s uncomfortable.
3. The Basics: Regularly apply oil or hair cream to your scalp and to your leave-out. We recommend applying coconut oil or Jamaican black castor oil to your scalp. It’s important that your scalp is kept nourished whilst your weave is installed in order to stimulate growth.
4. Tick Tock: Despite how fresh your weave still looks or how many visits you’ve made to the salon in between, don’t keep your weave in for more than 4-6 weeks!
5. Take a break: Technically this tip doesn’t quite fit into ‘5 Ways to Grown Your Natural Hair Whilst Wearing a Weave’ BUT we thought it was essential so we added it in anyway. Once you have taken out your weave, GIVE YOUR HAIR A BREAK. Let it breath for a week or two – we promise you, you won’t regret it! Treat your hair to a steam to get your hair follicles growing!
Do you have any secret haircare tips that you swear by? Let us know in the comments below!